- Passionate about hands-on-learning and teaching?
- Comfortable working with people of all ages?
- Constantly curious and wanting to learning new things?
- Looking to work in a practical environment?
- Someone who thrives on ordered chaos and a bit of an admin superstar?
A fixed term role exists for a makerspace Sessions Coordinator to support and coordinate aspects of Tinkd Makerspace sessions and activities for January-June 2023. This is an on-site “contact” role working from our location at 148 Durham Street, Tauranga.
This is a job share role working up 15 hours a week with the possibility to add more hours during the contract period. The pay will be based on skills and experience.
Currently we run the following sessions:
- Tuesday 5-8pm
- Thursday 5-8pm
- Sunday 9am-12pm
Additional sessions to be added:
- Week day during school hours to accommodate home-school, schools and community groups
- Another evening session
General duties include:
- Ensure venue is cleaned and sanitised and fit for purpose – after each session and on a daily basis
- Keeping storage and zones tidy/clean
- Be on site in a supervisory role during weekly “contact” maker sessions
- Have a broad knowledge and understanding of all the equipment and kit at Tinkd (full training to be provided)
- Coordinate and give tours and introductions to the public
Administration and coordination duties to be carried out on-site:
- Work alongside and support the STEM Wana Trust Project Manager on any funding opportunities
- Assist in the development and design of workshops and maker sessions
- Management of the booking app
- Maintaining an accurate record for members and attendees at sessions
- Coordinate booking for sessions and equipment with members
- Log materials/assets and replenish all stations and zones as necessary
- Liaise with the Project Manager on stock and recording of materials/tools procurement
- Assist in the development of any inductions processes (checklist of competencies/skills) for equipment/tools used by makers
If you think this role is for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter telling us why you would be the right person to join our team.
Closing date: 31st January 2022. Applications will be processed as soon as they are submitted so don’t delay.